Home

Montag, August 29, 2005

Tarps, Condoms and Airbusses

Well, I'll do my very best to enlighten my readers. But first I need to enlighten myself. So, these are the questions:

1. What is the relation between airbusses and tarps?
2. Are airbusses condoms made from tarps?
3. How many square-miles of tarps do you need to cover an airbus?



1. I tried to find something substantial on Google. Tarps and airbusses seem to be connected in a strange way. There was no exact match. But what I found out is that it seems tarps are always used when a plane crashes. But I don't know about the whole purpose. In airbus crashes tarps are sometimes used to hide the wreckage from cameras and people who come to watch. In that case it's to keep the victims bodies away from public. Smaller tarps are used to cover the bodies of the dead (as it happens in car accidents).
But when smaller planes crash it seems to be different. Maybe they cover the wreckage to prevent a fire spreads out or something. I don't know. But in that case you would need special heat resistant tarps.
Sometimes, as it happened when a US spy plane crashed in china, it seems they used tarps to cover the wreckage to hide it from satellites. A funny thing to hide a spy plane from a spy satellite.

It is, by the way, a nice coincidence, that "tarp" translates into German as "plane" which is phonetically read, the English word for plane. And airbusses are planes. So this might be the point. Could it be that there is a translation mistake? "blend(en)" in German which reads as the English 'blend' has no relation to the German noun "Blende". It means "to glare, to dazzle". The noun "Blende" might be translated as "tarp", I found that translation on the internet. It's not completely correct. "Blende" means "blind" - something you use to cover the windows to keep the heat outside. So it could be made from a tarp, but usually it indicates something stiff...
what leads us to the condoms...

2. I've never seen an airbusses condom, but I like the idea. What would be the point in it? A condom is used to stop the semen from spreading. When I imagine a condom over an airbus this would keep the passengers inside. So plane passengers are semen. What a great metaphor! People fly all around the world spread everywhere, where the come their inheritance, their genes set up new things...well, I don't wanna decide whether this is good or bad. But I guess some airbusses could need condoms. Specially the ones spreading war (semen soldiers) and terror!

3. Sorry couldn't find it out. But the surface of the wings of the new airbus A-380 is 846 m² (something like a half square mileIi guess). So if you are planning to produce airbus condoms: Much luck. I which you'll be able to pull this off. Would be great to see it.